To thrive in a world of accelerating change, creativity is paramount. But simply thinking "out of the box" is not the answer. True ingenuity needs structure, hard analysis and bold brainstorming, It needs to start Thinking in New Boxes - a revolutionary process for sustainable creativity from two strategic innovation experts at the Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
To make sense of the world we rely on assumptions, on models - on what Luc de Brabandere and Alan Iny call "boxes". If we are unaware of our boxes, they can blind us from risks and opportunities.
This innovative book challenges everything you thought you knew about business creativity by breaking it down into five steps:
- DOUBT EVERYTHING. Challenge your current perspective
- PROBE THE POSSIBLE. Explore the options around you
- DIVERGE. Generate many new and exciting ideas, even if they seem absurd
- CONVERGE. Evaluate and select the ideas that will drive breakthrough results.
- REEVALUATE. Relentlessly. No idea is a good idea forever. And did we mention Reevaluate? Relentlessly.
Replete with practical and potent creativity tools and featuring case studies from BIC to Ford to Trader Joe's, Thinking in New Boxes will help you and your company overcome missed opportunities and stay ahead of he curve.
15.5 x 23.2 x 2.3 cm